- Age: 15 and up.
- It is important to prep yourself mentally and physically before attempting 108 surya namaskars. In the days leading up to the event, we will meet online and practice sets of surya namaskars incrementally every week. We highly recommend registered participants to join. More details will be shared via email.
- Please note that we, including the yoga leads are not professional yoga practitioners. We have 2-3 years of regular yoga training from different yoga gurus.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: This should be avoided during pregnancy, mensuration and fever. For people with heart issues, high BP, lower back pain can do this at a slower pace.
BEFORE THE EVENT
- Keep your stomach light. Avoid heavy meals before the activity.
- We recommend that you carry a napkin, a bottle of water and a yoga mat to the activity. There will be a few yoga mats available at the event to borrow.
DURING THE EVENT
- Listen to your body and balance your ambition and the set goal. Attempting 108 asanas is great but not mandatory. Feel free to pause or stop anytime during the event.
- The correct breathing movement is as important as physically moving your body according to the routine. You will be guided about correct breathing techniques in the online sessions before the event and intermittently during the event.
- We plan to target sets of 20 surya namaskars at a time with water breaks between each set.
AFTER THE EVENT
- It is very important to cool down after the activity.
- Expect some body soreness for a couple of days after the event.
For all communication, please join our facebook group here:
and you can follow our social media handles here: